Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Documentation Binder

Last year I posted about my documentation system that I planned on using this year.  I formerly used Google Drive to document students seen, as described in this post, but I felt a little uncomfortable posting student information on the internet.  So as stated, I have switched to a binder system!  I have had several e-mails asking to see how I organized my binder.  I created my binder and decided I wanted to test it out before deciding whether to share it or not.  Well, the verdict is in and I love it! I designed the binder using some documents that I created and then added in alphabetized dividers like these.  I also added some pocket dividers to hold my extra forms.  That way I have plenty blank copies inside my binder to pull from when I meet with a new student or have a new consultation.  These are the ones I like.  Below, I have included pictures of all of the documents I created and if you click the pictures, you can download the forms to use!! So here is how I designed my binder:

At the very front is a blank form where I record students I have seen for individual counseling.  This could be a quick check in, or a long counseling session.  But I record every encounter with a child on this page.  Here is a picture:


If it is a student I am seeing for a longer counseling session or need to take notes on, I will put a star beside their name and then they will get an individual counseling summary sheet which will be filed behind the letter their last name begins with.  The item that says "scale #" refers to the likert scale I use during counseling sessions with students to assess their mood.  Here is a picture of that form:


If it is a consultation I have had about a student (with an administrator, teacher, parent, or community resource person), I will use the consultation summary form seen below.  They will not get their name written on the students seen form, but this will be filed under their alphabetical tab.


Another form I have included in my binder is a getting to know you sheet.  I created my own using the idea found in Diane Senn's Creative Approaches for Counseling Individual Children.  This is something I sometimes use when it's my first meeting with a student.  It helps me to make sure I've covered several different aspects of the child to get a sense of what we may need to work on and to help me get to know them better.


Last but not least, I also wanted to a way to track my small groups.  See below for the form I created to track who is in what group and what we discussed.  These are placed behind my student seen form.  At the end of the year, the students seen form and the small group documentation forms will be filed behind the dividers where extra forms are held.


I hope that you find some or all of these items useful while trying to organize your comprehensive counseling program!  I'm also interested in hearing about your systems and how you stay organized!

4 comments:

  1. Really nice initiative taken from any good school which will encourage school to keep a track report of every child on one sheet class wise.

    We as best CBSE school in magarpatta city trying to follow your article. Please visit at https://www.mentorinternationalschool.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tula's International School is the best Dehradun boarding schools for girls & boys. It is one of the top schools in Dehradun.The school is affiliated to CBSE which offers holistic education to students.

    Tula's InternationalBoarding School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such valuable information about Documentation Binder, if you would like to know more about best schools in Pune, visit Schools In Pune

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really happy found this website eventually. Really informative and inoperative, Thanks for the post and effort! Please keep sharing more such blog. 양평출장마사지
    경기출장마사지
    수원출장마사지
    성남출장마사지
    의정부출장마사지
    양평출장마사지
    안양출장마사지
    부천출장마사지

    ReplyDelete